Alta High School
Soar to a New ALTAtude
We are an inclusive learning community with a tradition of inspiring, supporting, and collaborating with students as they prepare to be engaged citizens in their pursuit of continuous success.
- Attention Junior Families! Please remember the ACT is quickly approaching and all Alta juniors will take it on Tuesday, March 9. All Juniors must pre-register for the test prior to March 9. Online learners and in-person juniors who missed pre-registration last week during their English class can attend a make up session this week. They are happening March 1 – 4 from 2:30 – 3:30 in the Counseling Conference room. The FINAL session will be on Friday, March 5 from 10:00 am – 12:00 pm in the Library. Please make sure this is complete so you’re ready for the ACT next week!
- AP Families – If you need to be considered for an alternate AP exam format or date other than the in-person, paper and pencil exams at Alta High May 3rd – May 17th, please make sure to submit your online request by this Friday, March 5. Please see the information on page 5 or on the Alta High website to select the correct exam(s) for which you are requesting alternate testing options.
- Math Tutoring – Both in person and virtual math tutoring is available Monday-Thursday after school or by appointment with individual tutors. Please see the Alta High Tutoring Webpage for more information about this and other tutoring opportunities.
- Class of 2021 Graduation Ceremonies – All families of Alta High 12th graders have been mailed a letter with details about this spring’s graduation ceremonies. A copy of this letter can be found on pages 6 and 7. We encourage all 12th graders and their families to take note of the important dates and action steps for the ceremony, caps and gowns, the Hawk Medallion award, Department Honor Cords, graduation performances, photographs and more. Students who need transcripts for applications can order them on the Parchment webpage.
- Alta Blankets are Back! – The Alta PTSA are once again selling Alta the popular Alta blankets. See page 8 for a visual and order yours here!
- Hawk Stash – The Alta Hawk Stash is open after school on Thursdays in room 1110. Students and family members can also visit either the Counseling Center or Attendance Office to access the Hawk Stash during any other school operating hours.
- Registering for Next Year’s Classes – Counselors will be working with students to register them for their 2021-2022 courses. If your student does not receive registration information in class, it will be available on the Counseling Center website.
- Scholarship Opportunity – Seniors: We have a great scholarship opportunity for you. The Canyons Education Foundation is offering two different scholarships for Alta Seniors – The Bright Star Scholarship for any senior who has shown improvement or exemplary effort in working toward post-secondary education and the Rising Star Scholarship which is for a student who has risen above difficult circumstances. The application deadline is March 23rd to Mrs. Scheffner in the Alta Counseling Center. Don’t miss out on this opportunity!
- Virtual Healthcare Career Experience: Students can learn about a variety of Healthcare careers through the Wasatch Front Health Science Partnership Virtual Health Career Day. Join us in the Library during Advisory any Tuesday or Wednesday in February or watch the videos on your own. Return the completed Exit Ticket to Janet Jefferson in room 2117 for a prize and to be entered in a drawing. https://sites.google.com/murrayschools.org/virtualhealthcarecareerday/home
- SheTech Registration is open now. The SheTech Virtual Summit is in collaboration and partnership with STEM teachers, technology companies, government officials and education leaders. Students compete in the Tech Challenge, interact with mentors in live mentoring sessions, engage on collaborative workshops and activate their interest in STEM. Register to secure your spot for SheTech Summit 2021: https://shetechexplorer.com/
- Hawkeye, Alta Student News – Visit The Hawkeye website for student-written stories about Alta High School. The latest additions are on the topics of the Alta Musical photo gallery, the Utah County Ballroom Competition, the upcoming Junior Prom, the Utah High School Art Show and much more!