September 27, 2022
- Join us at Alta Choir’s Fall Concert, “If Ever I Would Leave You” on October 10th at 7:00pm! Tickets are available through Alta Athletics website or at the door the evening of the concert.
- Attention all new NHS members. The National Honor Society Induction has been rescheduled for October 12th at 6 pm in the Media Center. Dress nicely and invite your parents.
- The Alta Drill Team will be hosting a “Mini Drill Clinic” for dancers PreK thru 8th grade. They will learn a dance routine Wednesday and Thursday evening, September 28th and 29th, and perform at the Varsity Football Game Halftime on Friday the 30th! Registration link: https://canyons.revtrak.net/alta-high-drill-camp-fall-22-h
- FRESHMAN!!! Are you interested in running for student government? We will have an informational meeting about Freshman elections on Thursday, October 6th at 2:30. It will be in room 2121.
- Parent Teacher Conferences will be held Monday, September 26th and Tuesday, September 27th. Please note the following: Monday’s conferences will be in-person by appointment only. Tuesday’s conferences will be virtual via zoom by appointment only. Instructions on how to sign up for an appointment are on Alta’s homepage.
- College Application Week will be held October 10-14. Seniors, get excited to complete at least one college application during this week.
FAFSA Info: An important step for all seniors is to complete a FAFSA application. FAFSA Completion night will be on Tuesday, October 11, for all seniors and parents. Experts from the state will be here to help families complete this application.
French Club: The Gourmandise field trip will be 10/06 from 9-1:30. Be sure to pay your 10$ dues in the office and turn your parent permission slip into Mme D by 10/03 if you would like to go. Bon Appétit!
Writers! Enter this semester’s Plume Award Contest for flash fiction. This year’s these is: The First Wish. Maximum word count is 200. Submit your story to Mme DeFriez by email or in room 2216. The top three stories will be voted on in the school newspaper Alta Hawkeye. The prize is 50$ and publication. Best of luck!
Come join the Alta Science Club for its first meeting on Thursday, 9/29! Our first activity will be a Strawberry DNA extraction lab in room 1123. If you can’t make it Thursday, you can still join. Look for the flyer on the Commons TVs or on the webpage and scan the QR to join! If you have any questions go to room 1119 (Mr. Stanford).
Come to the Speech and Debate team lab Wednesday mornings from 7:10 to 7:40 AM in Coach Croswhite’s room. This time is open to everyone to check out and learn about Speech and Debate. There’s food, fun, and forensics in room 2307!