Alta High School
Soar to a New ALTAtude
We are an inclusive learning community with a tradition of inspiring, supporting, and collaborating with students as they prepare to be engaged citizens in their pursuit of continuous success.
- Class of 2021 Graduation Ceremonies – A copy of the letter with details about this spring’s graduation ceremonies can be found on pages 5 and 6. No decisions have been made regarding the format of graduation. A survey will be sent to the Class of 2021 graduates and families later this week to gain feedback about this. Additionally, applications for department cords, which can be worn at graduation, are due to individual departments no later than Friday, March 26th by 3:00 pm. Students who need transcripts for applications can order them on the Parchment webpage.
- Prom – Alta’s Prom will take place this Saturday, March 27th. Students can purchase tickets on the Alta High Athletics webpage until Thursday at 3:00pm. Students participating in prom must test for COVID-19 on Friday, March 26th beginning at 12:00pm, and they must agree to adhere to the guidelines set forth by Canyons School District and the Salt Lake County Health Department for the event.
- Scholarship Opportunity – Seniors: We have a great scholarship opportunity for you. The Canyons Education Foundation is offering two different scholarships for Alta Seniors – The Bright Star Scholarship for any senior who has shown improvement or exemplary effort in working toward post-secondary education, and the Rising Star Scholarship which is for a student who has risen above difficult circumstances. The application deadline is March 23rd to Mrs. Scheffner in the Alta Counseling Center. Don’t miss out on this opportunity!
- “Power Within My Melanin” Black Student Union High School Conference on March 25th
- 26th Annual MEChA High School Conference: Community Healing Together in Spirit on March 26th
- Pacific Islanders Student Association’s “Unite to Move Forward” Conference on April 9thUniversity of Utah High School Student Conferences – The University of Utah Center of Ethnic Student Affairs is hosting three high school conferences in the near future. Please see the information on pages 8 and 9 for details regarding the following:
- Alta Blankets are Back! – The Alta PTSA are once again selling Alta the popular Alta blankets, and you can order yours here! These make a great graduation gift! Order yours before the March 20th deadline to receive it in early May.
- Math Tutoring – Both in person and virtual math tutoring is available Monday-Thursday after school or by appointment with individual tutors. Please see the Alta High Tutoring webpage for more information about this and other tutoring opportunities.
- Hawk Stash – The Alta Hawk Stash is open after school on Thursdays in room 1110. Students and family members can also visit either the Counseling Center or Attendance Office to access the Hawk Stash during any other school operating hours.
- Alta Summer School Driver Education – Students interested in taking summer school Dr. Ed. will need to register in the main office before or after school or at lunch. The course is for anyone who has not graduated and will be at least 16 years old by January 1st, 2022. The class will begin on June 1st and end on June 17th. It will be in person but Canvas-based. Please see more details by going to https://ahs.canyonsdistrict.org/wp-content/uploads/sites/351/2021/03/Summer-Flyer.doc-1.pdf
- Job Opportunity – Are you looking for a part time job?? Crescent View Middle School is looking for custodial sweepers. Students who are interested, get an application from the main office.
- Keys to Success – Students, don’t forget to apply for the Keys to Success app online to register an account. You have the opportunity to be awarded a scholarship for college or obtain an internship! So much good information here for you!