Alta High School
Soar to a New ALTAtude
We are an inclusive learning community with a tradition of inspiring, supporting, and collaborating with students as they prepare to be engaged citizens in their pursuit of continuous success.
- Teacher of the Year Nominations – It is that time of year when we get to recognize our outstanding teachers, who have been working harder than ever during this unprecedented year! Consider nominating the teachers you feel have gone above and beyond for the 2021 Teacher of the Year. You can read more about the award and access the nomination form on the Canyons District Teacher of the Year webpage.
- Attention Junior Families! There are some important ACT information and dates coming up! Please see page 5 for a summary of this information and page 6 for more information about the ACT Preparation Seminar on February 20th.
- Do you want to send your student a Valentine surprise at school? Alta’s Peer Leadership team is selling lip suckers for only $1.00. These will be sent to your student during their advisory class period on Thurs, Feb 11. Please email Mrs. Allen for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org
- ACT Math Prep Sessions – Students interested in preparing for the math section of the ACT are welcome to attend any or all sessions reviewing sample tests and exam strategies. These sessions will be held on Tuesday and Wednesday afternoons in room 2201 from 2:30-3:15pm.
- Alta Career Fair – Alta High School will be having a Virtual Career Fair on Thursday, March 4th @ 9:00am. We are looking for parents who are willing to share their Career Journey with our Students. Please sign-up with the following link: https://forms.gle/28128t43UgmwKYTH9. Contact Janet Jefferson email@example.com with questions or for more information.
- The Sundance Film Festival is coming to Alta. The screening of Marvelous and the Black Hole will be LIVE online followed by a Q&A with a member from the film team. Students will be able to ask questions directly from their smartphone or computer. The screening will be held at Alta on Tuesday, February 2, 2021 at 9:00am. Students can sign-up with the following link: https://forms.gle/y94iwXHjDw9Ljphp9. Parent permission is required. Page 7 below, which includes a description of the Film, can be returned to Janet Jefferson in room 2117, or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Men’s Soccer Tryouts – March 1st, 2021 starting at 2:45pm on the soccer field. Please go to www.altahawksoccer.com for all information on registration and preseason conditioning.
- Tryouts for the Girls Lacrosse Spring Season start on March 1st, 5-7pm on the Alta Turf. You must complete the RegisterMyAthlete process to participate. Please check the Girls Lacrosse Athletics webpage for more information and email Coach Greenstein with questions.
- Yearbook Senior Ads – If you would like to submit a senior tribute for your senior, see pages 6 and 7 for details and samples.
- Keys to Success – Students don’t forget to apply for the Keys to Success app online to register an account. You have the opportunity to be awarded a scholarship for college or obtain an internship! So much good information here for you!
- Alta Baseball – If you are interested in playing baseball at Alta this spring, open gyms are happening Monday through Thursday from now until tryouts on March 1st. For the schedule and more information visit our baseball website or see Coach Connelly in Room 1943!
- Do you want to wear a piece of Alta history? The Hawks baseball program is selling authentic, Alta game-worn baseball jerseys for $10 each. You’ll pay for it in the main office and then bring your receipt to Coach Connelly in room 1943 to pick out your jersey. Alta Baseball hats are also available for $25 each. For more information visit www.altahawksbaseball.com or drop by room 1943 to see what’s available.
- Seniors, SAVE THE DATE! Auditions for graduation musical performances will be held Wednesday, April 28th from 2:30-3:30. If you plan to audition, please see Mrs. Raymond for more information.