Alta High School
Soar to a New ALTAtude
We are an inclusive learning community with a tradition of inspiring, supporting, and collaborating with students as they prepare to be engaged citizens in their pursuit of continuous success.
- PARENT TEACHER CONFERENCES ON TUESDAY AND WEDNESDAY!
- Attention Junior Families! There are some important ACT information and dates coming up! Please see page 5 for a summary of this. All families will also be receiving information about a special school schedule on ACT Exam day on Tuesday, March 9th.
- ACT Math Prep Sessions – Students interested in preparing for the math section of the ACT are welcome to attend any or all sessions reviewing sample tests and exam strategies. These sessions will be held on Tuesday and Wednesday afternoons in room 2201 from 2:30-3:15pm.
- Alta Career Fair – Alta High School will be having a Virtual Career Fair on Thursday, March 4th @ 9:00am. We are looking for parents who are willing to share their Career Journey with our Students. Please sign-up with the following link: https://forms.gle/28128t43UgmwKYTH9. Contact Janet Jefferson email@example.com with questions or for more information.
- Registering for Next Year’s Classes – Counselors will be working with students to register them for their 2021-2022 courses. If your student does not receive registration information in class, it will be available on the Counseling Center website. Please talk with your student about what classes they should take next school year. See page 6 for information about the opportunity to take the AP Art History or Exploring Art courses.
- Virtual Healthcare Career Experience: Students can learn about a variety of Healthcare careers through the Wasatch Front Health Science Partnership Virtual Health Career Day. Join us in the Library during Advisory any Tuesday or Wednesday in February or watch the videos on your own. Return the completed Exit Ticket to Janet Jefferson in room 2117 for a prize and to be entered in a drawing. https://sites.google.com/murrayschools.org/virtualhealthcarecareerday/home
- SheTech Registration is open now. The SheTech Virtual Summit is in collaboration and partnership with STEM teachers, technology companies, government officials and education leaders. Students compete in the Tech Challenge, interact with mentors in live mentoring sessions, engage on collaborative workshops and activate their interest in STEM. Register to secure your spot for SheTech Summit 2021: https://shetechexplorer.com/
- Attendance Office Position Open – The Alta Attendance Office is looking for a part-time Support Assistant. This individual will work 17-hours per week during the school year. Those interested can read more and apply on the Canyons School District Jobs webpage.
- Attention Seniors and Parents of Seniors! A list of the Senior class has been posted outside the Main Office. Please check your name to make sure it is spelled correctly and appears the way you want it to show on your diploma. Let the Main Office know if there are any changes.
- Seniors, SAVE THE DATE! Auditions for graduation musical performances will be held Wednesday, April 28th from 2:30-3:30. If you plan to audition, please see Mrs. Raymond for more information.
- Keys to Success – Students: don’t forget to apply for the Keys to Success app online to register an account. You have the opportunity to be awarded a scholarship for college or obtain an internship! So much good information here for you!
- Spring Sports Tryouts – Tryouts for all spring sports are scheduled to begin the first week of March. All students interested in participate must complete the RegisterMyAthlete process. For more information, please visit the Alta High Athletics webpage or contact the appropriate head coach through their Canyons District email address (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Track and Field = Heather Heffner
Girls Golf = Karen Jack
Baseball = Daron Connelly
Boys Tennis = Lori Sperry
Softball = Carley Campbell
Boys Lacrosse = Brandon Horoba
Boys Soccer = Mackenzie Hyer
Girls Lacrosse = Moriah Greenstein