Week of September 6-10, 2021
We are an inclusive learning community with a tradition of inspiring, supporting, and collaborating with students
as they prepare to be engaged citizens in their pursuit of continuous success.
- Homecoming Info: Homecoming week at Alta is September 13th-18th. The Homecoming Dance will be held on Saturday, Sept. 18th from 8:00-10:00 p.m. Advance tickets ($10.00) are available on the Alta High website at: https://ahsathletics.com/partner/28/event/52/buy-tickets through Friday, Sept. 17th.
- PTSA: The first general membership PTSA meeting will be held on Wednesday, September 8th at 10:15 in the Hawk Gallery. We will be voting on our budget, which can be found on the Alta school website.
- PTSA Volunteers are still needed for make-up picture days Sept. 7th & 8th. Sign up here to assist with pictures: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/9040C49AFAE22A6FA7-makeup . Sign up for vision screening: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/9040C49AFAE22A6FA7-vision. Thank you for your support!
- Reflections: This year’s Reflections, sponsored by our PTSA is: “I Will Change the World”. The deadline to submit entries is October 17th. Additional information can be found on the Alta High website under the Community tab and PTSA.
- Advance Ticket Sales to Alta High Events: Skip the lines and purchase your next ticket in advance on the Alta High Website! Click the following link: https://ahsathletics.com/event-tickets to access this site. Advance sales, including upcoming football games, can be purchased here.
- Post-high School Info: Mr Schino, an Alta math teacher and West Point graduate, is inviting anyone interested in learning more about West Point to the annual Academy Information Meeting. On September 14th, a West Point admissions representative will be in town to provide an information briefing to candidates in the state. This is an annual briefing and is regularly attended by representatives from both congressional and senatorial offices. See flier below for additional information.
- The RMACAC College Fair will be held at Juan Diego High School on Saturday, Sept. 11th. See flier below for additional information.
- Busing Update: The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) issued an order on Jan. 29, 2021 requiring the use of masks on all public transportation conveyances to prevent the spread of COVID-19. The order is still in force, and according to guidance from the CDC, it applies to all public transportation passengers and personnel traveling into, within, or out of the United States and U.S. territories. Face masks will be provided to students who need one or request one. See the flier below that will be posted inside our school buses.
- COVID 19 Updates: Canyons School District recently sent updated information about COVID rapid testing to all parents/guardians. Rapid testing is now available for all CSD students and employees at the district office parking garage Mondays and Thursdays from 6:30-8:30 a.m.
- Need Help With Math? Math help is available Monday thru Thursday starting on August 30th. The schedule for math lab is included below. Please note additional flyers at the end of this document.