Week of November 22, 2021
We are an inclusive learning community with a tradition of inspiring, supporting, and collaborating with students
as they prepare to be engaged citizens in their pursuit of continuous success.
- PBIS & Gratitude: On Monday this past week our PTSA and administration spent the morning visiting every classroom to publicly thank our teachers and support staff for their dedicated service to the school. Thank you faculty and staff for your enduring commitment to educating our students!
- HOSA and ARUP are hosting a Blood Drive on Thursday, December 2 from 8am to 2pm. Donations are desperately needed at this time. Please consider donating to save lives! Students must be at least 16 years old to donate. See Ms. Starley for the parent permission form. Parents can walk in without having to schedule an appointment. For appointments:
- Plume Award Winners: The votes are in! Congratulations to Willow Yauney, winner of the Fall Plume Award Contest for her story “Out of Thyme.” Congratulations also to Sade Hanks for the runner-up “Phosphenes Dysania”, to Taelee Sherman for “Carnations”, to Madi Hilbig for “Time Stands Still” and to Serena Jefferson for “Ticking Clock”. If you missed out, you can submit your 200 word or less story to the Spring Contest by February.
- HOSA is selling high-quality first aid kits through Right Response. There are a number of kinds of kits for all occasions. Everyone can use a first aid kit! Consider buying several for holiday or birthday gifts.
- Attention Parents of Juniors! If you have not signed up for your individual Plan for College and Career Readiness (PCCR) meeting with your student’s counselor, please sign up for an appointment. In person and virtual options are provided. Sign up for this individual meeting by following the appropriate link below based on your student’s last name. Junior PCCR meetings will take place between November 15th – December 17th.
A-Ch Jen calendly.com/jennifer-scheffner
Ci-Gd Christine calendly.com/christine-astle
Ge-Kh Sandy calendly.com/sandy-white3
Ki-O Cierra calendly.com/cierra-bell
P-So Callie calendly.com/callie-bjerregaard
Sp-Z Leslie calendly.com/leslie-stettler
- Attention Seniors! The Opportunity Scholarship application (formerly known as the Regents’ scholarship) is now open. The priority deadline is December 3rd. Applications received by the priority deadline may be given first consideration. Go to opportunityscholarship.org for more information and to see if you qualify for this scholarship. Call the Opportunity office at 801-646-4812 or see Mrs. Brown in the Counseling Center if you have questions or concerns.
- Parent/Community Volunteers: For parents, guardians, or community members interested in volunteering in our school, specifically helping to be a presence in the hallways to encourage on-time attendance and positive behavior, please contact Shelly Karren, Assistant Principal: email@example.com for more information.
- PTSA: The Alta PTSA would like to recognize all of our wonderful faculty and staff for their exceptional efforts on behalf of our students this school year. To do so, we are asking for donations of $25 gift cards (or a monetary donation toward the purchase of gift cards). These cards will be distributed before Christmas. Physical gift cards, checks or cash may be dropped off in the PTSA lock box in the Main Office by Friday, December 3rd. For online donations, click here: Gift Cards of Gratitude.
- Science Tutoring: Physics Tutoring is now available on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 2:30 – 4:00 PM in Mr. Stanford’s room (1119). If you need help with homework, are studying for a test, or have any other physics questions, we would love to help! Other science classes will also be offering after-school tutoring soon.
- Math Tutoring during Advisory: Tutoring is hosted during Advisory on Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday in room 1118 with Morgan Brown and math club members. They can tutor any level of math. Students should check in with their advisory teacher and then go to tutoring for the entire advisory period. Attendance is taken and reported back to advisory teachers.
- NHS Tutoring: Our National Honor Society students are available every other Monday to help with tutoring in core subjects. Should your student need additional help in math, science, social studies, or ELA, help is available! Math Lab also continues after school throughout the month of November Mondays—Thursdays. See math teachers for specific locations!