Alta High School
Soar to a New ALTAtude
We are an inclusive learning community with a tradition of inspiring, supporting, and collaborating with students as they prepare to be engaged citizens in their pursuit of continuous success.
- Online Learning – Following a sustained increase in COVID-19 cases associated with Alta High, coupled with an increase in positivity rates in the neighborhoods surrounding the school, all Alta students have transitioned to online learning. Students are expected to follow the regular school schedule, and attendance will be taken each class period Monday-Thursday. Teachers will be providing at least 20 minutes of synchronous instruction at the beginning of each class period. Information about how students can connect with their teacher each period will be on the homepage of each Canvas course. For more information about the expectations for both teachers and students while our school is online, please review page 5. A copy of the bell schedule to help your student stay on their class schedule while at home can be found on page 6.
- Alta’s Counselors are Here for You – We know this year has been exceptionally difficult. Your Alta High counselors would like parents and students to know we are still available to talk with students during this online period. Please email your counselor if your student is in need of some mental health support, and we can visit with them via phone or Google Meet. Be well!
• A-Ch – Jennifer Scheffner – email@example.com
• Ci-Gd – Christine Astle – firstname.lastname@example.org
• Ge-Kh – Sandy White – email@example.com
• Ki-O – Cierra Bell – firstname.lastname@example.org
• P-So – Callie Bjerregaard – email@example.com
• Sp-Z – Leslie Stettler – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Math Tutoring – In person math tutoring is suspended for the next two weeks, but virtual opportunities are still available. Please see the schedule on page 7, which also includes the information about how to connect via Google Meet.
- Engineering Day – The University of Utah is hosting a Virtual Engineering Day on Saturday, November 21st from 9:00am-1:00pm. See the flyer on page 8 for more information and register for free here!
- NHS Tutoring – Looking for a tutor? The Alta National Honor Society is offering free online tutoring sessions! Please complete this form to be matched with an NHS Peer Tutor. See the flyer on page 9 for more information.
- Seniors – Check your graduation requirements in Skyward. If any requirements are in red, this means you are credit deficient and your graduation is in jeopardy. Contact your counselor if you have questions on how to take care of your deficiencies. You can find your counselor’s contact information on the Alta High Counseling website.
- Stakeholder Survey – Last week, all Alta families received an email from Canyons School District with a link to a brief survey, rating your experience with our school. We value your feedback, as your time and participation helps us in our efforts to continually improve the educational experiences of our students. Thank you!
- Keys to Success – Students: don’t forget to apply for the Keys to Success app online to register an account. You have the opportunity to be awarded a scholarship for college or obtain an internship! There is so much good information in the app for you!
- Regents’ Scholarship Update – Great news Seniors! You no longer need an ACT score of 22 to earn the Regents’ Scholarship! ACT scores are not required for the 2020-2021 application. Go to REGENTSSCHOLARSHIP.ORG to see if you qualify for this scholarship. The priority deadline is December 4th. See Mrs. Brown in the Counseling Center if you have questions or concerns.
- Ordering Transcripts – Transcripts can be ordered online by going to the Alta website or by going directly to the Alta Parchment website.