Week of January 3, 2022
We are an inclusive learning community with a tradition of inspiring, supporting, and collaborating with students
as they prepare to be engaged citizens in their pursuit of continuous success.
- A New Year Begins: We welcome students and teachers back to school after what we hope was a restful winter break. A reminder that we will continue to review expectations and to encourage positive behavior and attendance. Also, a reminder that a remote learning day will occur on Friday, January 7th.
- End of the Term is here!: A reminder that 2nd quarter (first semester) is quickly drawing to a close. The last day of the term is Thursday, January 13th followed by a grading day for teachers. Arena Scheduling is currently open for students to log into their Skyward account to add or drop semester classes. The window will close January 9th at 11:59 p.m.
- Senior Ads for the Yearbook: If you’d like your senior student to be highlighted in the Senior Ad section of the yearbook, it’s time to submit your ads! The final deadline to submit an ad is on January 31st, 2022. See flyer below for additional information.
- Step 2 the U: Prior to the holiday break, junior students attended an informative assembly about Alta’s unique Step2theU program. The application link is now live can be submitted online. Applications are due on: Tuesday, February 1st, 2022. See the Alta website for additional information.
- Alta Football: Anyone interested in playing football at Alta High next fall is strongly encouraged to enroll in the power lifting class at the semester. Students can see Coach Teo at their earliest convenience if they are interested. Training for the 2022 season has already begun!
- Alta Baseball: The Alta Baseball program is selling game-worn jerseys, and you can own one! These jerseys are authentic game jerseys worn by Alta players in game competition. They are $10 for older jerseys and $25 for newer more recently worn jerseys. You can also purchase a flex-fit hat in either red or black for $25. We also have t-shirts and sweats available. Stop by room 1943 and see Coach Connelly to take a look at what’s available and learn how to acquire a piece of Alta history.
- A reminder to read the Hawkeye, our student-sponsored school news publication online. Check out this week’s edition on our website.
- Attention Juniors and Seniors! Are you Bilingual? If so, apply now for the Seal of Biliteracy. The Seal of Biliteracy is placed on a high school graduate’s transcript by the state of Utah to certify for employers and universities that the student has demonstrated proficiency in English and at least one world language. If you have earned a 3,4,or 5 on an AP world language test, and a minimum of an 18 on the English portion of the ACT, you automatically qualify! The application deadline is Friday, Jan. 21st, 2022. Complete the application online at: https://sealofbiliteracy.canyonsdistrict.org. Please see Karen Brown in the Counseling Center for more information concerning requirements and the application process.
- Math Tutoring & NHS Tutors: Our National Honor Society students are available every other Monday to help with tutoring in core subjects. Should your student need additional help in math, science, social studies, or ELA, help is available! Math Lab also continues after school throughout the month of January on Mondays—Thursdays. See math teachers for specific locations. Math tutoring is also available daily during Advisory in room 1118.
- Science Tutoring: Physics Tutoring is now available on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 2:30 – 4:00 PM in Mr. Stanford’s room (1119). If you need help with homework, are studying for a test, or have any other physics questions, we would love to help! Other science classes will also be offering after-school tutoring soon.