Alta High School
Soar to a New ALTAtude
We are an inclusive learning community with a tradition of inspiring, supporting, and collaborating with students as they prepare to be engaged citizens in their pursuit of continuous success.
- Teacher of the Year Nominations – It is that time of year when we get to recognize our outstanding teachers, who have been working harder than ever during this unprecedented year! Consider nominating the teachers you feel have gone above and beyond for the 2021 Teacher of the Year. You can read more about the award and access the nomination form on the Canyons District Teacher of the Year webpage.
- Step2theU Applications – Time is almost up for Alta’s 11th Grade students to apply for the Step2theU program! Applications are due February 1st at 3:00pm. No late applications will be accepted. If applying, students will need to order their transcript at this link no later than 2:00pm on Thursday, January 28th. For more information, visit the Alta Step2theU webpage.
- ACT Math Prep Sessions – Students interested in preparing for the math section of the ACT are welcome to attend any or all sessions reviewing sample tests and exam strategies. These sessions will be held on Tuesday and Wednesday afternoons in room 2201 from 2:30-3:15pm, leading up to the March 9 ACT exam for all juniors or for the upcoming Saturday national ACT testing dates.
- Attention Junior Families! The state ACT will be administered to all Alta juniors on Tuesday, March 9, 2021. Alta is pleased to announce that we have partnered with Sycamore Learning Company again this year and will be able to offer a test prep course on Saturday, February 20, 2021, from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm in the Commons. Please see the attached flyer for details on how to register. This is for JUNIORS ONLY. Due to social distancing requirements, we only have a limited number of spots available, so make sure to reserve your spot soon! If you have questions, please contact your student’s counselor or Shannon Kershaw, Alta’s Test Coordinator.
- Alta Career Fair – Alta High School will be having a Virtual Career Fair on Thursday, March 4th @ 9:00am. We are looking for parents who are willing to share their Career Journey with our Students. Please sign-up with the following link: https://forms.gle/28128t43UgmwKYTH9. Contact Janet Jefferson firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or for more information.
- The Sundance Film Festival is coming to Alta. The screening of Marvelous and the Black Hole will be LIVE online followed by a Q&A with a member from the film team. Students will be able to ask questions directly from their smartphone or computer. The screening will be held at Alta on Tuesday, February 2, 2021 at 9:00am. Students can sign-up with the following link: https://forms.gle/y94iwXHjDw9Ljphp9. Parent permission is required. Page 5 below, which includes a description of the Film, can be returned to Janet Jefferson in room 2117, or at email@example.com.
- Yearbook Senior Ads – If you would like to submit a senior tribute for your senior, please go to www.jostensadservice.com and follow the steps below on page 6. Also see pages 6 and 7 for details and samples.
- Regents Scholarship – Seniors: The final deadline for the Regents Scholarship is Monday, February 1st. Go to www.regentsscholarship.org to see if you qualify for this scholarship and apply. If you do qualify, order your transcript through Parchment, by 2:00pm on Thursday, January 28th. The transcript needs to be sent directly to Regents. Talk to your counselor or Mrs. Brown in the Counseling Center if you have any questions.
- Keys to Success – Students don’t forget to apply for the Keys to Success app online to register an account. You have the opportunity to be awarded a scholarship for college or obtain an internship! So much good information here for you!
- Alta Baseball – If you are interested in playing baseball at Alta this spring, open gyms are happening Monday through Thursday from now until tryouts on March 1st. For the schedule and more information visit our baseball website or see Coach Connelly in Room 1943!
- Do you want to wear a piece of Alta history? The Hawks baseball program is selling authentic, Alta game-worn baseball jerseys for $10 each. You’ll pay for it in the main office and then bring your receipt to Coach Connelly in room 1943 to pick out your jersey. Alta Baseball hats are also available for $25 each. For more information visit www.altahawksbaseball.com or drop by room 1943 to see what’s available.