Week of November 8, 2021
We are an inclusive learning community with a tradition of inspiring, supporting, and collaborating with students
as they prepare to be engaged citizens in their pursuit of continuous success.
- Positive Behavior and Shout-outs for Fall Teams: We congratulate our fall sport student athletes for their efforts this season. Our football team advanced to the second round in the State Tournament before falling to Springville. Our soccer team had a solid season, earning a bye in the first round of State and losing a heartbreaker in a shoot-out to Maple Mountain. Our Cross-County runners represented Alta well in each of their meets this season with two runners representing at State. Our volleyball team won their first-round State game before falling to Northridge. Our girls’ tennis team finished an amazing 5th place in State! Our mountain biking club team had an impressive 8th place finish in the State Championships, and our Marching Band finished 3rd in the AAA division at the Band of America competition last weekend at Dixie State U. Great job, Hawks!
- Veteran’s Day of Honor: Every year, Alta High hosts a Veteran’s Day Assembly to honor our veterans. We invite you to submit the form below for any veteran from our community that you would like to honor at this event on November 11th.
- PTSA: The Alta PTSA would like to recognize all of our wonderful faculty and staff for their exceptional efforts on behalf of our students this school year. To do so, we are asking for donations of $25 gift cards (or a monetary donation toward the purchase of gift cards). These cards will be distributed before Christmas. To sign up and for more information, please click on the link below. For more information please click on the link below. Gift Cards of Gratitude. Physical gift cards, checks or cash may be dropped off in the PTSA lock box in the main office by Friday, November 19th. Please place gift cards/checks/cash in an envelope labeled “Gift Cards of Gratitude.” Checks can be made out to Alta PTSA. Is donating online easier? Great! Online donations can be made via links below.
Any Questions? Contact Tricia Anderson 801-647-5853 or Alison Holbrook 801-598-3008.
- SpongeBob the Musical: We are excited to announce that the opening of the school musical is right around the corner! Buy your tickets in advance online for the following dates: November 17th-22nd. More details to come!
- Construction Updates: The cafeteria continues to undergo construction, and the date of completion has now been pushed back to the end of December. We appreciate the diligent efforts of our cafeteria staff to make this inconvenient situation work and we thank our students for their patience with the limited number of menu items.
- Important AP Test Info: Please note that Monday, November 8th at 10:00 PM, the late fee will increase to $20 per exam and on Monday, November 15th, the late fee will increase to $40 per exam. Go www.totalregistration.net/AP/450402 and log in with your student’s username and password to pay with a debit or credit card. Please contact our AP Coordinator, Shannon Kershaw (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions about payment procedures.
- Math Tutoring during Advisory: Tutoring is hosted during Advisory on Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday in room 1118 with Morgan Brown and math club members. They can tutor any level of math. Students should check in with their advisory teacher and then go to tutoring for the entire advisory period. Attendance is taken and reported back to advisory teachers.
- NHS Tutoring: Our National Honor Society students are available every other Monday to help with tutoring in core subjects. Should your student need additional help in math, science, social studies, or ELA, help is available! Math Lab also continues after school throughout the month of November Mondays—Thursdays. See math teachers for specific locations!
- Attention Seniors! The Opportunity Scholarship application (formerly known as the Regents’ scholarship) will open on Monday, November 15th. The priority deadline is December 4th. Applications received by the priority deadline may be given first consideration. Go to opportunityscholarship.org for more information and to see if you qualify for this scholarship. Call the Opportunity Office at 801-646-4812 or see Mrs. Brown in the Counseling Center if you have questions or concerns.
- FCCLA: Hello Hawk Community! Our Alta FCCLA Chapter is partnering with the WeHelpTwo foundation to raise money to buy an amputee child/provider a prosthetic leg and collect socks for our own community. To accomplish this we are selling packs of funky socks for $12! Thanks for your support! https://go.wehelptwo.com/campaign/?campaignid=12856