Alta High School
Soar to a New ALTAtude
We are an inclusive learning community with a tradition of inspiring, supporting, and collaborating with students as they prepare to be engaged citizens in their pursuit of continuous success.
- Class of 2021 Graduation Ceremonies – It’s official! The Class of 2021 graduation ceremonies will be held on May 26th at 10:00am at the University of Utah Huntsman Center. Each graduate can invite up to four guests. See page 4 for more details. Plan to attend these other Class of 2021 events:
- Seniors who qualified for one or more graduation cords can pick them up in the Alta Main Office.
- Senior Sunrise – May 17th – 6:00am on the Football Field
- Senior Sunset – May 20th – 8:30pm on the Soccer Field
- Final Farewell Closing Social – All Alta students are invited to the Final Farewell Closing Social on May 21st 8:30pm in the Football Stadium – Food Trucks, Alta’s Got Talent, Fireworks, and much more! *Date subject to change due to weather.
- Yearbooks will be pre-sold through Monday, May 17th in the main office. The cost is $60. After that, all remaining books will be sold on yearbook day, Tuesday, May 25th on a first come, first served basis. We have fewer than 200 books left to sell, so don’t delay. Check your student’s skyward account to see if you have already pre-purchased a book.
- Alta Soccer Summer Camp will take place June 1st-3rd, 2021. Click the links below for details and to sign up!
7th to 9th graders
1st to 6th graders
- Summer School Opportunities – We have information about the Summer School options for Valley, Jordan High and Canyons Virtual High School. Please make sure you come see your counselor before the end of the year so we can help you pick the credits you need to make up this Summer. See pages 5-7 for more information about each of these options.
- End of Year Textbook & Chromebook Return – All library books were due May 13. Students will be returning textbooks and English novels on May 17 & 18 in their classes. Parents and students will receive a list of all items checked out this week. Senior students will be returning their Chromebooks in their English class May 19 or 20. Students in grades 9-11 who are returning to Alta next year will keep their Chromebook for the summer.
- Cross Country Team Meeting – If you are interested in running cross country there will be a meeting to discuss next years cross country happenings and summer training. We will meet in Coach Becca’s room (portable 1) on Thursday, May 20 at 3:00pm. This year, we will be coordinating with other schools to enhance the fun and meet more people.
- Learn to Code Summer Program – Check out page 8 for information about an exciting summer program opportunity for students.
- Alta Summer School Driver Education – Students interested in taking summer school Dr. Ed. will need to register in the main office before or after school or at lunch. The course is for anyone who has not graduated and will be at least 16 years old by January 1st, 2022. The class will begin on June 1st and end on June 17th. It will be in person but Canvas-based.
Please see more details here
- Roadrunners READ! – The Alta View Elementary Summer Reading Program needs volunteers on Wednesday mornings throughout June. Interested high school students simply need to complete the online application. See page 9 for more details.
- Looking for a job? – See page 10 for details about the Job Fair of All Job Fairs on May 19th!
- Keys to Success – Students, don’t forget to apply for the Keys to Success app online to register an account. You have the opportunity to be awarded a scholarship for college or obtain an internship! So much good information here for you!