Alta High School
Soar to a New ALTAtude
We are an inclusive learning community with a tradition of inspiring, supporting, and collaborating with students as they prepare to be engaged citizens in their pursuit of continuous success.
- ACT Day – Alta’s 11th grade students take the ACT on Tuesday, March 9th. Juniors should arrive to Alta at 7:00am. All other students cannot be on campus until the conclusion of the ACT at 11:50am. No classes will be held on this day. Tuesday afternoon will be reserved for teacher consultation time, as needed. For more details, a copy of the letter mailed to all Alta families about ACT Day can be found on page 5.
- End of 3rd Quarter – March 19th is the end of 3rd quarter. Student are encouraged to take advantage of times available to meet with teachers: Monday-Thursday 7:10-7:40am and Friday mornings. Also, both in person and virtual math tutoring is available Monday-Thursday after school or by appointment with individual tutors. Please see the Alta High Tutoring Webpage for more information about this and other tutoring opportunities.
- Registering for Next Year’s Classes – Counselors have been working with students to register them for their 2021-2022 courses. If your student did not receive registration information in class, it is available on the Counseling Center website. Students must choose 8 credits worth of courses and complete the registration process and return their completed course cards to the Counseling Center by Friday, March 19th.
- Class of 2021 Graduation Ceremonies – A copy of the letter with details about this spring’s graduation ceremonies can be found on pages 6 and 7. Please note important dates and deadlines. Applications for department cords, which can be worn at graduation, are now available. Students can find them on Alta’s website or pick up a paper application in the Career Center, room 1940. Return completed applications to individual departments no later than Friday, March 26th by 3:00 pm. Students who need transcripts for applications can order them on the Parchment webpage.
- Dance Company Concert – Alta Dance Company Concert will be next week and tickets are on sale now! See page 8 for details.
- Alta Blankets are Back! – The Alta PTSA are once again selling Alta the popular Alta blankets. See page 9 for a visual and order yours here!
- Hawk Stash – The Alta Hawk Stash is open after school on Thursdays in room 1110. Students and family members can also visit either the Counseling Center or Attendance Office to access the Hawk Stash during any other school operating hours.
- Scholarship Opportunity – Seniors: We have a great scholarship opportunity for you. The Canyons Education Foundation is offering two different scholarships for Alta Seniors – The Bright Star Scholarship for any senior who has shown improvement or exemplary effort in working toward post-secondary education and the Rising Star Scholarship which is for a student who has risen above difficult circumstances. The application deadline is March 23rd to Mrs. Scheffner in the Alta Counseling Center. Don’t miss out on this opportunity!
- Virtual Healthcare Career Experience: Students can learn about a variety of Healthcare careers through the Wasatch Front Health Science Partnership Virtual Health Career Day. Join us in the Library during Advisory any Tuesday or Wednesday in February or watch the videos on your own. Return the completed Exit Ticket to Janet Jefferson in room 2117 for a prize and to be entered in a drawing. https://sites.google.com/murrayschools.org/virtualhealthcarecareerday/home
- SheTech Registration is open now. The SheTech Virtual Summit is in collaboration and partnership with STEM teachers, technology companies, government officials and education leaders. Students compete in the Tech Challenge, interact with mentors in live mentoring sessions, engage on collaborative workshops and activate their interest in STEM. Register to secure your spot for SheTech Summit 2021: https://shetechexplorer.com/
- Hawkeye, Alta Student News – Visit The Hawkeye website for student-written stories about Alta High School. The latest additions are on the topics of the upcoming Dance Company Concert, Alta’s new School Resource Officer, ACT Day and much more!
- Keys to Success – Students, don’t forget to apply for the Keys to Success app online to register an account. You have the opportunity to be awarded a scholarship for college or obtain an internship! So much good information here for you!